Friday 13 January 2017

Why can't I cry?

In the last few days I have been close to tears multiple times, sometime for hours together. I'm not sure whether it is Yatra blues or some catharsis of sorts brought to surface by this amazing and overwhelming experience. But for some reason I just can't bring it out. In fact sometimes even when I'm enjoying a lot, these emotions surface. But then its as if I just switch off. Something shuts down. The circuit trips because of overloading.

It leaves me feeling very stifled. I don't know why I made these choices of wanting to be 'strong' all the time. Now when I don't want it, when I want to reverse it, it seems like an impossible task.

I genuinely feel being able to cry is a sign of strength, not weakness.

I hope someday this understanding goes deeper within and I can cry freely! 

2 comments:

  1. These are few words.. but yet so strong! It is great that you have been able to express!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was actually very relieving...

    ReplyDelete

HABIT

It is so easy to slip Into that structured slide That we have created to Survive Could be of comfort Of routine Of self pity, of num...